Children's Playground Testing and Certification
When it comes to our children's well-being, certification and compliance to safety standards, for consumer goods and services, from an independent third-party organization becomes immensely beneficial.
TÜV SÜD America can help you differentiate your products and enhance your company's reputation by demonstrating to consumers that your product has been tested and certified by a globally recognized, independent third-party testing and certification organization.
TÜV SÜD Product Service Tests and Certifies:
- Children's playground equipment
- Children's furniture
- Children's ride-on vehicles
- Battery-powered toys
- Infant Care articles
- Conventional toys
Playground Third-Party Certification Program
In the interest of public safety, IPEMA provides third-party Product Certification services for U.S. and Canadian public play equipment and U.S. public play surfacing materials. The services provide for the validation of a participant's certification of conformance to one of the following standards:
- ASTM F1487, excluding sections 7.1.1, 10 and 12.6.1 - Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specification for Playground Equipment for Public use
- CAN/CSA-Z614 excluding clauses 9.8, 10, and 11 - Children's Playspaces and Equipment
- ASTM F1292 - Standard Specification for Impact Attenuation of Surface Systems Under and Around Playground Equipment
- ASTM F2075- Standard Specification for Engineered Wood Fiber for Use as a Playground Safety Surface Under and Around Playground Equipment
For more information, contact TÜV SÜD America.