Implemented in May 2002, the China Compulsory Certification (CCC) scheme requires manufacturers of products in more than 130 different categories to obtain approval before their products can be marketed, imported or used for any commercial purposes in China. CCC testing and certification can only be conducted by testing laboratories and certification bodies that have been accredited by the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA), and self-certification is not permitted. Basic application requirements include:
- Safety testing - Testing by a CNCA accredited testing laboratory is required. Test reports issued in support of IECEE CB Scheme certification may be accepted for reference purposes only.
- EMC testing report - Applicable to some product categories. Testing by a CNCA accredited testing laboratory is required.
- Sample submission - Product samples must be provided to a CNCA accredited laboratory upon request.
- Factory inspections - Initial and regular (i.e., every 12 to 18 month) factory inspections are required.
The China Quality Certification (CQC) voluntary product certification scheme was developed under the scope of the international IECEE CB Scheme, and covers more than 500 additional product categories. CQC certified products have been found to conform to applicable standards addressing quality, safety, product performance and environmental considerations. Certain CQC certified products may also be exempt from further testing for CCC certification.
The China CCC certification is required for many types of products to gain legal access to the Chinese marketplace. Products without CCC certification can be held or impounded at ports of entry, and manufacturers of products that are not CCC certified may be subject to other penalties. In addition, buyers and consumers may demand CQC certification as evidence of a company’s commitment to delivering quality products that are safe for use and good for the environment.
With testing facilities in Beijing, TÜV SÜD has the experience and the capability to support consumer product manufacturers in achieving compliance with regulatory requirements and voluntary product certification schemes in China. Our global network of accredited laboratories can test your products for compliance with China’s requirements and standards for quality, safety, performance and environmental considerations, as well as to the requirements of other international regulations and standards. The TÜV SÜD blue octagon certification mark is globally recognized as a symbol of product safety.
TÜV SÜD’s China CCC certification and CQC certification services include:
- Testing - TÜV SÜD Chinese-speaking staff has long-standing working relationships with CNCA-approved certification bodies and testing laboratories in China, and can effectively communicate about testing issues affecting certification.
- Documentation - We can review the content of your documentation and advise of any changes necessary to ensure compliance.
- Regulations - TÜV SÜD technical experts keep up-to-date on applicable regulations worldwide, and participate in a number of key industry groups and trade organizations.
- Other requirements - We can offer support in complying with CCC and CQC testing in conjunction with other international regulations and standards.
TÜV SÜD is a leading provider of comprehensive testing and certification services for all types of products. Our global network of technical experts, combined with our state-of-the-art testing laboratories, assure a single source solution for meeting all applicable requirements, standards and voluntary schemes. And TÜV SÜD technical professionals are actively involved in international advisory boards and standards development activities, ensuring the most up-to-date knowledge of current and changing requirements.
Represented in over 800 locations worldwide, TÜV SÜD has an unsurpassed track record of meeting and exceeding the requirements and expectations of our client companies. The TÜV SÜD brand and our distinctive blue octagon mark are instantly recognized around the globe as symbols of quality and safety, and will increase customer confidence in your brand.