TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening for Chemical, Oil and Gas Services in Pasadena, TX for a: Advanced Services Technician
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For almost 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement and more.
Responsibilities include will set up and operate Phased Array AUT and MUT equipment to inspect new weld construction projects and in-service examinations. The work is field based and may be for onshore or offshore projects around the world. While utilizing their specific skill set to complete the required work, the AUT Operator will demonstrate interpersonal, organizational and communication skills to interact effectively with other people, both inside and outside the company. The AUT Operator will be responsible for inspecting and dispositioning welds, piping and pressure equipment based on pre-defined criteria in support of project deliverables and customer requirements.
- 6+ months of experience within the NDE field,
- Knowledge of advanced UT, TOFD and Phased Array
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people
- Ability of producing report templates in reasonable time for the results of these examinations
- Flexibility to work within a new and rapidly expanding region
- Adaptive and problem solving mindset
- Organized and focused approach to reporting
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- Innovative individual who is able to think beyond the boundaries of process compliance.
- Technically proficient with software and equipment used for examinations ( e.g. Tomoview, Ominscan, Excel, Word, AUT Solutions, Topaz, Ultravision)
- Quality and Safety minded individual
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.