TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety and EMC testing, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening in Auburn Hills, Michigan for a
Battery Test Engineer
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For almost 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
This Battery Test Engineer will be the key contact to proactively provide superior customer service to our customers. Your role and responsibilities include lithium-ion based battery technology and Battery safety, battery performance and battery durability testing for cells, packs and systems, including related client and project management. We are looking for a detail oriented individual with testing experience, ideally within the Electrochemical Storage System arena and who wants to add value to our organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Computer programming experience a must
- Ability to set-up, program and troubleshoot automated battery test equipment. Familiarity with
- AVL, ROS and Bitrode VisuaLCN is preferred
- Experience with ancillary test equipment, chambers, and bench tests. Knowledge of LabView would be an asset
- Oversee and execute projects for specific key customers
- Assist the laboratory managers with identifying laboratory needs
- Investigates new strategies for customer applications and test methods
- Ensures customer satisfaction with emphasis on quality and timing
- Provide documentation and communication with key customers
- Works within the Quality management System, specifically in-house calibration per
- ISO 17025 standards
- 5+ years in Electrochemical Storage System development and testing arena.
- Candidate should be familiar with lithium-ion based battery technology and testing for cells, packs and systems
Why should you join TÜV SÜD America?
- A competitive compensation package that includes health & dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Paid Time off for volunteering in the community
- Fitness and Weight Loss Reimbursement through our Health Plan
- Additional rewards for leading a healthy lifestyle
- Flu Clinics
- Health & Wellness Education
- Walking Clubs
- Employee Assistance Program - a program of services that provides assistance to employees and families with balancing the demands of work and home.
- Corporate sponsored running and walking events
- Company sponsored outings and holiday events
- Softball and Bocce Tournaments
- Opportunities to expand your career internationally and work alongside people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Develop and grow in a performance-based environment that recognizes and rewards top performers
- Continuous training and learning opportunities to support the professional and personal development of our employees
- Work alongside experts and market leaders in a company with a strong recognizable brand worldwide
- Make a positive contribution to change and progress; doing your part to ensure safety, quality and environmental sustainability
We look forward to hearing from you.
TÜV SÜD America offers a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance and participation in the company 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Or, if you prefer, please email your resume and cover letter, clearly stating the position you are applying for, to:
or Fax: (978) 977 - 0248
All information will be treated with strict confidentiality.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.