Boiler & Machinery Consultant
Accountable for providing consulting activities, inspections and technical expertise to assigned customers and prospects. This position is a lead role in the servicing of our customers.
- Inspects boilers and pressure vessels to meet regulatory requirements.
- Inspects assigned field or shop locations to meet ASME or National Board Code, as required.
- Performs Loss Control inspections when assigned to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other types of inspections to meet specified codes or standards, as assigned.
- High School or GED.
- National Board or Jurisdictional Commission.
- ASME/National Board Code Endorsements as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
4+ years experience in ASME Code manufacturing of boilers or pressure vessels and/or operation of high-pressure boilers, or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics or science. In addition, the applicant must also comply with the requirements of the jurisdiction and/or National Board of Boiler Pressure Vessel inspectors.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned duties to meet the requirements of the governing codes, company procedures and/or policies
- Participates in providing solutions to problems that do not comply with the requirements of the regulating codes or standards, as requested by the Managing Supervisor Chief Inspector or customer
- Presents and documents concise engineering evaluations and reports as required
- Reports to the Managing Supervisor or Chief Inspector, as applicable, in any situation that does not comply with the regulating code or company procedures
- Assists in providing engineering solutions and or strategies for the solicitation or development of new business
- Complies with all company policy and procedures, as applicable
- Schedule and complete inspections in a timely, efficient and economical manner
- Complete and submit all required technical and administrative reports in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with customer, company and Jurisdictional requirements
- Works effectively with other people as necessary for completion of any assigned duties
- Effectively executes the required procedures, codes or standards to meet the company and customer service needs
- Ability to present concise engineering evaluations and recommendations both orally and written
- Ability to process reports in the required form and format
- Technical expertise
- Represent company products and services in a professional manner
- Ability to efficiently, effectively economically plan assigned work
- Ability to visualize and meet deadlines
Ability to crawl through 11” X 16” openings into confined spaces
Ability to climb vertical ladders and several stories of stairs
Ability to withstand mild temperature variations
Ability to walk long distances
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Visual acuity of 20/20 (natural or corrected)
TÜV SÜD America offers a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance and participation in the company 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Or, if you prefer, please email your resume and cover letter, clearly stating the position you are applying for, to:
Fax: (978) 977-0248
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.