TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has immediate openings throughout the United States for: Food Safety Program Manager / Lead Auditor
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
TÜV SÜD America Inc. provides management system certification services to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, AS9100, TS 16949, ISO 13485, TL 9000, Safe Quality Food (SQF), ISO 22000 and more. TÜV is a leading EU Notified Body for the Medical Devices, Active Implantable Medical Devices and In Vitro Diagnostic Directives. Testing services include CE Marking assistance, Mechanical/Electrical Product Safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Environmental Testing, NRTL and SCC Certification, Restricted Substance Services, International Compliance Services and more. Globally, TÜV has issued over 190,000 product and 30,000 quality management system certifications.
As a global management systems Registrar, TÜV Management Service is accredited to a host of internationally recognized food standards:
- Combined ISO 9001 and HACCP
- International Food Standard (IFS)
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Safe Quality Food (SQF)
- FSSC 22000
- ISO 22000
Support Management Service VP, Director, and Auditing Operations Manager in all aspects of audit management services food safety and security related issues including financial and technical.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and deploy Industry / Program specific strategic plans. Identify key initiatives and champion development and deployment in conjunction with Auditing Operations Manager, Marketing, and Sales.
- Provide support and technical leadership to the Sales and Marketing teams to increase market share in the food safety industry. Identify potential significant large accounts in specified industry.
- Participate in sales presentations, as needed.
- Assist Auditing Operations Manager to develop resources across the NAFTA region, including mentoring and support in auditor authorization process.
- Develop and deploy training plans across NAFTA Region for sector specific standards.
- Develop and Maintain Program Specific “TÜV Interpretations” that could be used internally as well as externally. Coordinate “Interpretations” with other corresponding Program Managers.
- Conduct annual experience exchanges with food safety & security auditors. Conduct periodic evaluation of technical skills of auditors.
- Perform/ suggest changes to current methods, processes and techniques based on changes in requirements and technology. Maintain open communication channels with corresponding Product Managers in other sister companies.
- Effective management of assigned key accounts to achieve client retention, account growth, customer satisfaction and support of Customer
- Responsible for conducting audits and related activities for both accredited and non-accredited standards. Experience in SQF 1000 and 2000 is desirable as well as non-accredited standards to include but not necessarily limited to GMP, HAACP, Security, etc. Other accredited GFSI and international standards such as BRC, IFS, FSSC 22000, ISO 22000 will also be considered.
- Provide project management support with Project Coordinators for US-based customers. Project management potentially consists of issuing quotes, conducting audits, coordinating multiple site audits, and answering client questions.
- Interact with Sales and Marketing to initiate new business, and conduct informational meetings with prospective clients. Overall, provide the client information and access to the full range of services and products of TÜV SÜD America.
- Support sales and marketing activities on technical issues.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical or Business area.
- 5+ work experience in the food industry, with emphasis on food safety and security.
- Experience in quality management; internal and external auditing or related work experience is highly desired.
Skills to be Successful in this Role:
- Previous auditing experience is helpful.
- Experience with food hygiene and food safety-based programs involving HACCP or other appropriate food safety risk management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment;
- Demonstrated, excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Analytical with good presentation and report-writing skills.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook and motivated attitude;
- High level of attention to detail and well-organized
- Exposure to project management is helpful.
- Professional demeanor, client-focused, can communicate effectively.
We will offer training and development to lead to Safe Quality Food SQF, HACCP and potentially other certifications.
TÜV SÜD America offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes health insurance with wellness incentives and eligibility to participate in the company 401(k) retirement savings plan.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
All qualified candidates may apply to Careers@TUVAM.com with resume and cover letter to TÜV SÜD America Inc., Human Resources.