At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For almost 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
This position is for a product safety compliance expert, specifically for the field of semiconductor and related manufacturing equipment (hereafter referred to as SEMI equipment). This expert will work together with a small core team and play a key role in the global build-up of services for this business segment. Additional roles and responsibilities may be assigned based on business need.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle projects and carry out evaluations, inspections, and tests related to the evaluation of SEMI equipment as well as other chemical related projects
- Prepare and review technical reports stating evaluation results, as well as issuing test certificates and conducting factory audits if included as part of a project
- Provide clients with outstanding customer service and dealing with any complaints without delay
- Report time and expenses, issuing invoices, and ensuring compliance with all internal company processes and procedures
- Keep up-to-date with standards, creating and revising test report formats and protocols, and taking part in industry-related activities
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- University degree in chemistry, biology, chemistry, industrial hygiene or similar; additional certification as a professional engineer, chartered engineer, certified safety professional, certified industrial hygienist or safety assessor, a plus
- Five years professional experience in field of study
- Preference of work experience handling projects and carrying out safety evaluations and tests on SEMI equipment or similar equipment;
- Experience working for a third party product safety testing organization, as well as international work experience, a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of hazardous chemistries, exhaust ventilation, and radiation sources; able to conduct and document: risk assessments on chemistries typically used in the semiconductor and related industries, ventilation assessments in accordance with recognized test sampling methods such as SEMI S2 and S6, and surveys of non-ionizing and ionizing radiation sources
- Willing to travel frequently and possibly for extended periods of time both within the US and globally
- Understanding of mechanical design, fire protection systems, seismic protection calculations, classification of hazardous areas, and utility energy measurements a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player, but also self-motivated and able to make quick independent decisions on project related items
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, able to deliver professional services and deliverables according to aggressive client timelines with high level of customer service
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.