TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, EMC testing, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening in Mid-Western Region (Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, or Indiana) for an: Industrial Machinery Technician.
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
Act as Industrial Machinery Technician for TÜV SÜD America performing Field Evaluation services to NFPA, UL, ANSI and CSA requirements.
- Perform Field Evaluation services to NFPA, UL, ANSI and CSA requirements.
- Prepare reports and documentation for confirming compliance to the appropriate standards and regulations, apply Field Labels as applicable.
- Generate revenue by billing engineering time to our clients, usually on a project basis, for Constructional Review, Testing, Preliminary Evaluations and Labeling activities.
- Correspond, orally, and in writing, with Product Safety Agencies such as UL, CSA and VDE with respect to Machine Design Approaches for Safety.
- Work with sales to acquires new business and supports existing business for all services related to industrial machinery
- Communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including providing input to sales staff for quotes, answering questions, relaying messages and providing information with regard to standards, test procedures, technical recommendations to bring products into compliance with requirements. Maintain confidentiality of customers, products tested and appropriate internal information
- Keep abreast of present and future Industrial Machinery requirements, test procedures, instrumentation, technology and TÜV America Engineering service capabilities by internal training sessions, external seminars and reading of technical articles
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Domestic, and some international, travel required.
- Minimum Associates Degree for electrical/electronic engineering and/or equivalent training in Industrial controls design
- A minimum of 2 years Industrial Controls experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of NFPA 79, NFPA 70, UL 508A, SPE 1000, and other machinery codes and standards.
- Good contacts within the machinery industry, is preferred
Skills to be Successful in this Role:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Demonstrated, excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with a positive outlook and motivated attitude;
- Solid customer service and project handling skills
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Office and electronic mail necessary.
- Skilled at reading and understanding significant electrical power schematics a must
- Demonstrated ability to conduct risk assessments on complex equipment
TÜV SÜD America offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes health insurance, wellness incentives and participation in the company 401(k) retirement savings plan.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Please email your resume, salary history and cover letter to TÜV SÜD America Inc., Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.