TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening in San Diego, CA for an IT Support Technician
Under general direction of the America’s Support Manager, provides technical and administrative support for the San Diego facility as well as remote user phone support for the North America Region. Frequent off-shift and/or off-site support will be necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Daily administration and support for all network and remote users in the America’s Region, including but not limited to:
- All aspects of end user computer support and troubleshooting, including hardware, software and phone support of on-site and remote users.
- Accurate tracking of all hardware and software.
- Responsible for the roll out of desktops and laptop PCs including software and hardware upgrade planning and the general execution of end user equipment rollouts.
- Rapid identification and assessment of security threats and testing/implementation of fixes including virus and malware monitoring.
- Manage IT projects from the planning stage through completion.
- Will function at an advisory level to other IT support personnel and provide coverage of jobs.
- Reports the local IT requirements to the Americas Support Manager in order to satisfy local needs and their alignment with the corporate IT strategy. Assist in preparation of and adherence to the budget for IT equipment and maintenance needs.
- Generates, reconciles and maintains an inventory listing of hardware, software programs and licenses and reports these to the Americas Support Manager.
- Communicate in a prompt, courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including providing information, answering questions, relaying messages. Maintain confidentiality of customers, products tested and appropriate internal information.
- This position will require the employee to become a subject matter expert in several of the internal solutions that are used within the organization.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be resourceful, possess an excellent customer service attitude, have strong multitasking abilities and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field a plus.
- 1-3 years end user support in a Microsoft server and user multi-platform environment. Active Directory experience and/or Certification a plus.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in user administration, Microsoft Office suite support, Windows 10/7/XP, Windows 2008 Server administrative and system utilities.
- Experience with SCCM roll outs as well as management a plus.
- Experience with cabling systems, switches and routers a plus.
- Experience with Cisco VoIP a plus.
- Experience using Bomgar Remote Support Tool a plus
- Experience using Track-IT a plus
- Excellent organizational and project management skills including ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks and follow through to completion of task or project.
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and also to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- Accurate, clear, and timely communication of information, upward and laterally, including verbal, written and listening skills;
- Ability to plan and organize giving attention to detail and follow-through;
- Reliable judgment that is consistent, adaptable to unusual situations, realistic, common-sense approach to job and problems;
- Motivation, initiative, commitment, to self-improvement;
- Willingness to consider other’s ideas and to work with others.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach with hands and arms; always requires employee to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
Frequent setup, installation and transportation of computer equipment is required. The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds. Access to transportation is required. Position requires close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Please email your resume, salary history and cover letter to TÜV SÜD America Inc., Human Resources at: email@example.com