TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening for Chemical, Oil and Gas Services in Pasadena, TX for a: Manager, Specialty Services
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement and more.
We are looking for an individual who will work closely with Chemical, Oil and Gas Services leadership, to drive and support business growth. This position collaborates with Sales, Marketing and Operations and is a key representative of the business. We are looking for a high level, top performer, to provide expertise to our team.
- Act as internal subject matter expert on PMI and OES Testing and provide technical expertise to operations and field personnel.
- Develop and deliver technical training.
- Accountable for department P&L and workforce planning
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific contacts to be made for Business Development.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects
- Prepare and deliver presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Maintain and assist in the development of sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish new client relationships and assist with the maintenance of current client relationships.
- Prepare status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, and feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Review marketing materials and presentations for content and technical accuracy.
- Participate in development and presentation of technical materials.
- Assist operations group with product demonstrations & documentation, such as user manuals, technical bulletins, and white papers.
- 10+ years with the following experience: Management level role
- 10+ Years in metallurgy, material science and mechanical construction activities
- 10+ Years of advanced knowledge and proficiency in Spectroscopy and X-ray fluorescence technology
- Proven track record building a business, driving growth and administering P&L responsibilities
- Experience in a service environment and project management are preferred.
- Ability to plan and organize in a multi-tasking environment, while maintaining attention to detail and follow-through.
- The ideal candidate is innovative, Self-starter and customer-driven.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are extremely important and the ability to work effectively as a team player is critical.
- Represent TÜV SÜD products and services in a professional manner.
- Reliable judgment that is consistent, adaptable to unusual situations, realistic, common sense approach to job and problems.
- Motivation, initiative, and a commitment to self-improvement.
- Willingness to consider other’s ideas and to work with others as part of a team.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.