TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety and EMC testing, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate for:
Pressure Vessel Engineer / Auditor
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For almost 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
Your role and responsibilities include drafting test and inspection plans to certify materials and pressure equipment products, Certifies materials, parts and components to applicable equipment codes. Witnesses welder’s performance tests and welding procedure qualifications, evaluating non-destructive and destructive test results and certifies personnel and procedures. We are looking for a detail oriented individual with pressure vessel experience (European Directives), and who wants to add value to our organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports Product Manager in all aspects of product related issues including technical and engineering.
- Participates and gives presentation to potential clients.
- Consults customers on product codes/directives.
- Generates quotations.
- Evaluates pressure equipment designs and calculates allowable stresses.
- Drafts test and inspection plans to certify materials and pressure equipment products.
- Coordinates off-site inspection and auditing activities.
- Evaluates mechanical test results of materials, inspects materials and conducts equipment code shop inspections.
- Witnesses welder’s performance tests and welding procedure qualifications, evaluates non-destructive and destructive test results and certifies personnel and procedures.
- Certifies materials, parts and components to applicable equipment codes.
- Participates and conducts equipment code and quality system related audits at client sites.
- Responds certification issues to clients; manages clients through the project phase.
- Helps penetrate new markets.
- Generates revenues by billing engineering / auditing time to TÜV America clients, usually on a project basis, for both engineering/inspection and certification activities.
- Sells engineering/inspection and auditing services through telephone marketing, customer education, trade shows, and technical committee interfacing.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- 3-4 years experience in materials technology or pressure equipment manufacturing industries.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and diagrams
- English, German a plus.
- Good speaking and writing ability for customer presentations, industry forums, quotations, and reports.
- Accurate, clear and timely communicate of information, upward and lateral, including verbal, written and listening skills;
- Ability to apply and understand advanced concepts of an electrical and/or mechanical nature
- Highly proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Able to stay focused and professional in a fast paced and stressful environment involving strong personalities and uncompromising demands
- Capable of presenting information to groups of people.
- Must be a team player and a self-starter who can plan, organize, and complete multiple projects while giving attention to detail and deadlines.
- Reliable judgment that is consistent, adaptable to unusual situations, realistic, common sense approach to job and problems
- Motivation, initiative, and commitment to self-improvement.
- Willingness to consider other’s ideas and to work with others
Why should you join TÜV SÜD America?
- A competitive compensation package that includes health & dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Paid Time off for volunteering in the community
- Wellness Programs:
- Fitness and Weight Loss Reimbursement through our Health Plan
- Additional rewards for leading a healthy lifestyle
- Flu Clinics
- Health & Wellness Education
- Walking Clubs
- Employee Assistance Program - a program of services that provides assistance to employees and families with balancing the demands of work and home.
- Corporate sponsored running and walking events
- Company sponsored outings and holiday events
- Softball and Bocce Tournaments
- Opportunities to expand your career internationally and work alongside people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Develop and grow in a performance-based environment that recognizes and rewards top performers
- Continuous training and learning opportunities to support the professional and personal development of our employees
- Work alongside experts and market leaders in a company with a strong recognizable brand worldwide
- Make a positive contribution to change and progress; doing your part to ensure safety, quality and environmental sustainability
We look forward to hearing from you.
Or, if you prefer, please email your resume and cover letter, clearly stating the position you are applying for, to:
or Fax: (978) 977 - 0248
All information will be treated with strict confidentiality.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.