TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening in San Diego, CA for a Product Safety Engineer
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
Support the TÜV SÜD America vision and mission statement. Adhere to all TÜV SÜD America policies and procedures as outlined in the various Corporate Policies and the Employee Handbook. All Employees are responsible for general cooperation, safety and support of all TÜV locations.
- Act as a Product Safety Engineer for TÜV America, inspect, test, and photograph products for conformity assessment with international and national regulations with the end result being a Certificate, Test Report, and/or Technical Report for the client.
- Prepare reports and documentation of customer products to the appropriate standards.
- Generate revenue by billing engineering time to TÜV America customers, usually on a project basis, for Constructional Review, Testing, Preliminary Evaluations and Certification activities.
- Sell Product Safety engineering services through telephone consulting, customer education and by giving seminars on Product Safety.
- Correspond, orally, and in writing, with Product Safety Agencies such as UL, CSA and VDE with respect to Product Design Approaches for Safety.
- Communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including providing quotes, answering questions, relaying messages and providing information with regard to standards, test procedures, technical recommendations to bring product into compliance with requirements. Maintain confidentiality of customers, products tested and appropriate internal information.
- Keep abreast of present and future Product Safety requirements, test procedures, instrumentation, technology and TÜV America Engineering service capabilities by internal training sessions, external seminars and reading of technical articles.
All employees are expected to work in a manner that supports a safe and healthy work environment for themselves and others. This includes following established rules, policies and practices of environmental, health and safety in the workplace.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Please apply with your resume, salary history and cover letter to TÜV SÜD America Inc., Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org