TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has immediate opening in Auburn Hills, Michigan for a: Product Safety Test Technician / Project Coordinator
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts various laboratory testing for clients.
- Provides in-house and in-plant inspections for various certification programs and related testing of products for certification programs.
- Assist departmental Manager on various Certification projects.
- Provide in-house client testing.
- Attends ASTM / related certification committee meetings as required.
- Conducts annual field inspections requiring extensive travel.
- Generates reports for Certification programs and maintains records with assistance from Administrative Assistant.
- Special certification test projects.
- Keep abreast of present and future Product Safety requirements, test procedures, instrumentation, technology and TÜV Product Service capabilities by internal training sessions, external seminars and reading of technical articles
- Maintain confidentiality of customers, products tested, and appropriate internal information.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Associate degree / mechanical discipline, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and electronic mail.
- Experience in service environment is helpful, as is exposure to project management.
- The ability to manage time effectively and to plan, organize and prioritize tasks is critical.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are extremely important and the ability to work effectively as a team player is critical.
TÜV SÜD America offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes health insurance and participation in the company 401(k) retirement savings plan.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Please apply with your resume, salary history and cover letter to TÜV SÜD America Inc., Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.