At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For almost 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
Reporting to the EMC Manager, certify the safety and compliance of products with respect to EMC, radio and safety requirements
pursuant to national, international, and company regulatory standards.
Lead the telecommunications certification process including:
- Assessment and certification of telecommunications radio equipment.
- Issuing FCC Grants, R&TTE Directive Notified Body Opinions, Industry Canada & Japanese radio approvals, CNC, EMC and LVD NB Opinions as well as CLE appointments.
- Reviewing products and specifications prior to testing, advising on EMC, radio, RF exposure and safety test requirements and regulatory procedures, and advice on product compliance strategies.
- Providing expertise in the control of electromagnetic emissions and immunity through design recommendations and review of product designs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Preparing and delivering training and technical presentations to customers, technical certifiers and company employees in the areas of FCC, Industry Canada and Japan Certification as well as RF exposure.
- Reviewing the certification work of other certification engineers and providing technical support when necessary.
- Drafting and issuing technical assessment policy aids for technical certifiers in the form of technical guidance notes, presentations, and development activities.
Infrequent domestic and international travel required.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, related field, or foreign degree equivalent;
plus one year of experience in EMC compliance; together with a strong background in FCC, Industry Canada, and R&TTE Directive certification.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Location: TÜV SÜD America, Inc., 10040 Mesa Rim Road, San Diego, CA 92121.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Employees who refer qualified candidates to this job opportunity are eligible for bonuses under the company’s Employee Referral Program (ERP). Please see ERP for details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Clearly stating the position you are applying for, please email or fax your cover letter and resume to the contact information below. Or if you prefer, click the Apply Now button for our quick and easy online application process.
Fax: (978) 977-0248