TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening for Chemical, Oil and Gas Services in Pasadena, TX for a: Rope Access NDE Assistant/Radiography Trainee
At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For almost 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement and more.
The job scope will include assisting with the performance of inspections on industrial components for Energy Sector Clientele using Rope Access Techniques. These inspections shall include Radiographic testing, Ultrasonic testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Positive Materials Identification, and Liquid Penetrant Testing. The role of the NDE Assistant/Radiography Trainee will be to learn all the job steps of the inspections being performed, and assist the NDE Technician in all aspects of the work scope.
Responsibilities include safe performance and compliance with all Corporate, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and client specific safety procedures. Knowledge of many complex inspection procedures, as well as industry wide and client specific code requirements must be learned through a structured mentoring process and on the job training. Tracking experience hours in specific inspection disciplines, diligent record keeping, and devoted pursuit of professional certifications are also necessary for this position. Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and desire to learn and progress professionally are mandatory.
- 6 months experience within the NDE field
- CLEAN BACKGROUND
- Core competence solidified in the NDE fields enough to allow for rapid development and learning within
- IRATA certifications (preferred)
- Familiar with a fast pace environment
- Flexibility to work within a new and rapidly expanding region
- Adaptive and problem solving mindset
- Organized and focused approach to reporting
- Able to conduct administrative documentation
- Local to Billings or willing to relocate at no cost to the company.
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- Innovative individual who is able to think beyond the boundaries of process compliance.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.