At TÜV SÜD America, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For almost 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
- Sell full suite of services to prospective customers and their supply chain. Services such as product safety testing, pre-shipment inspection, social compliance auditing.
- Service the ongoing customer needs.
- Achieve sales revenue and profit margin targets; cascade this to the respective countries taking into consideration the local industry business climate and opportunities.
- Work in close coordination with various country / divisional managers in developing and servicing sales, pricing and marketing strategies.
- Develop strong business relationships with quality personnel of key clients.
- Keep firmly abreast of technical and commercial developments in the market and make recommendations for service development.
- Increases industry awareness and knowledge by attending appropriate industry conferences.
- Drive market research projects to identify market trends and potential new opportunities, market share analysis and marketing intelligence etc.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Approximately 50% travel required
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the toys / premiums / softlines testing industry in North America.
- Proven track record in sales / account management / merchandising / quality assurance, engaging with quality executives of large retailers, brands & wholesalers.
- Familiar with the production cycle of toys, premiums & softlines from design, prototyping, to shipment, as well as the associated stages of a quality assurance program.
- Familiar with the international regulations, national deviations, and renowned brands’ requirements of toys and premiums testing. In particular, good knowledge on the different state requirements on labeling and testing of toys and premiums in US.
- With good connection to toys & softlines associations in the US will be a definite advantage.
- Possess a wide client contact base and knowledge of sales trends in the Consumer Products business area.
- Strong business knowledge of the toys business and its supply chain, including understanding of quality and fulfillment of specifications of the products sold in the stores.
- Knowledge in pricing strategies and structure in the area of testing, auditing and inspection.
- Able to interpret technical information and translate into common terminology.
- Aggressive with keen interest on new business development.
- Strong networking, negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Client interaction skills: Demonstrated ability to work with customers, determine their requirements, secure additional business, define and assist in solving problems, and generally ensure their total satisfaction.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily activities and workload in a resource constrained environment
- Must be personable and work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong appreciation of different cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Must be confident, highly efficient, and self-motivated.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment
- Employee required to sit, talk and hear and, use hands to handle or feel
- Close vision required for computer use
- Occasionally required to walk, or reach with hands and arms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for the responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.