At TÜV SÜD Canada, we are passionate about technology, people and the environment. For 150 years, our employee’s contributions and enthusiasm have been essential to the success of our business. Our commitment is to invest in our employees as well as to hire, develop, and engage the best talent to help us continue to build our team. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where all levels of employees are inspired to learn, grow, and be empowered to achieve both their professional as well as personal goals.
We are looking for an individual who will work with our team to develop and run our safety projects. This is a opportunity best suited for an ambitious person. We are looking for a detail oriented individual with strong technical knowledge and the ability to work independently to help our team succeed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Product Safety Test Engineer; evaluation and planning of testing for compliance with national & international standards.
- Completion of technical reports and documentation for certification to the appropriate IEC/UL/CSA standards for various medical, lab equipment, ITE and other innovative products.
- Correspond, orally, and by computer, with clients, potential clients, other technical specialists and client product engineers regarding IEC test data and report.
- Facilitate test equipment calibration and project scheduling.
- Perform factory inspections and client site product evaluations
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of BS in Electrical Engineering is required, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years engineering work experience is preferred, understanding of electrical safety of IEC, UL and/or CSA standards
- Knowledge of power electronics is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel an asset
- Bilingual (French/English) is a strong asset
- Previous experience working in with or in a NRTL, CBTL, or ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory
- Currently an O.I.Q member or ability to become O.I.Q. member an asset