Established 150 years ago in Germany, TÜV SÜD is a leading global provider of technical services. We support our clients in a vast range of industries with testing, inspection, auditing, training and expert knowledge services. TÜV SÜD has more than 20,000 employees in over 800 locations worldwide with global revenue in excess of USD 2 billion.
Business unit “Consumer Product Services (CPS)” provides services to our clients in the field of Softlines (clothing & footwear), Hardlines, Toys & Children Products and Electrical & Electronics products (ENE). Hardlines includes, among others, the segments like mechanical tools, sports equipment, household products, giftware etc.
The person will manage consistency of information and knowledge among all TÜV SÜD operations in his field of assigned expertise with focus on mechanical tools, car accessories, sports equipment, household products. He/she will work closely with standardization, exchange and working groups on the one side and on the other side with the operations to transfer and built knowledge and understanding, and makes final decisions for the interpretation. He / she will represent TÜV SÜD in this field of technology in front of Customers and Industry Stakeholders.
Responsibilities and duties
- Provides information in the field of assigned technology to the operational units
- Makes technical decisions for the interpretation of standards and related tests on request
- Release of test programs and protocols for certification business and retail business
- Visit clients/fairs in USA together with sales to demonstrate TÜV SÜD technical competence
- Generates and maintains training material
- Provides trainings as needed
- Support local operation in Asia and Europe regarding investments and test setup
- Collecting and publishes information from standardization, exchange and working groups
- Works in standard and technical committees and exchange and working groups at national level as needed
Education and Experience
- Technical relevant engineering degree or equivalent education level
- Rich experience in regulatory, standardization and technical evaluation field in the US
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good networking, negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Willingness to travel national and international
- English as mother language
- Deep knowledge of the national and national states requirements for products of his area
- Deep understanding of mechanical products like mechanical tools, car accessories and similar products.
- Practical testing experience of products in his area
- Inquisitive, meticulous and a self-motivated learner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment.
- A strong team player with service oriented personality and attitude.
- Takes pride in the quality of the work produced, especially in the accuracy of the information and the clarity in which this is presented.
- A driver / leader with a systematic and hands-on approach
- Keep timelines and quality targets