TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening in Peabody, MA for a Full Time Systems Administrator
Under general direction of the America’s Network and Server Manager, the Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining server operating systems, virtual infrastructure, systems hardware, systems databases, and multiple PC platforms for the America’s Region.
Frequent off-shift and/or off-site support will be necessary along with some travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Support and Maintain Virtual Infrastructure (VMWare)
- Support and Maintain Windows Server Virtual and Physical Machines
- Monitor Virtual Infrastructure
- Support and maintain enterprise storage systems (EMC VNX)
- Support and maintain enterprise Backup system (EMC Avamar)
- Support and maintain enterprise Replication system (EMC RecoverPoint)
- Computer/Server maintenance and set-up
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software issues
- Evaluate and modify systems performance
- Work with multiple hardware and software platforms
- Assist with the development of solutions for cross platform installations
- Assist with implementing and designing base system rollouts
- Work closely with vendors and contractors to get the best pricing and support
- Process Tier 3 helpdesk requests
- Document work both in resolving issues and implementing new technology to allow other technicians to repeat if necessary
- Research, approve and apply system and security patches to all servers and pc hardware.
- Provide excellent customer service to user base
- Communicate and work closely with a group and also independently with initiative to proactively solve problems.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide training to end users and passing current knowledge on to other IT staff.
- Assist in testing and recommending software and hardware to ensure programs and hardware meet the needs of the users.
- Use scripting to provide efficient solutions
- Ability to travel.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be resourceful, possess an excellent customer service attitude, have strong multitasking abilities and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 5-7 years supporting and maintaining virtual infrastructure (preferably VMWare ESXi5.0)
- 5-7 years supporting and maintaining EMC VNX (SAN) environment
- 5-7 years supporting and maintaining Windows server 2003R2 through 2012R2 and Active directory in a Windows 2008R2 forest.
- 5-7 years supporting and maintaining Group Policies management DHCP and DNS
- 5-7 years supporting Microsoft servers, computers and users in a multi-platform environment and Certification a plus.
- Experience with EMC Avamar Backup a Plus
- Experience with EMC RecoverPoint Replication a Plus
- Experience with SCCM roll outs as well as management a plus.
- Experience with cabling systems, Cisco switches and Cisco routers a plus.
- Experience with Cisco VoIP a plus.
- Experience with Office 365 applications a plus
- Excellent organizational and project management skills including ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks and follow through to completion of task or project.
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and also to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- Accurate, clear, and timely communication of information, upward, laterally, including verbal, written and listening skills.
- Demonstrated Communication Skills with the ability to work closely with a group and also independently.
- Ability to plan and organize giving attention to detail and follow-through.
- Reliable judgment that is consistent, adaptable to unusual situations, realistic, common-sense approach to job and problems.
- Motivation, initiative and commitment to self-improvement.
- Willingness to consider other’s ideas and to work with others.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach with hands and arms; always requires employee to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
Frequent setup, installation and transportation of computer equipment is required. The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds. Access to transportation is required. Position requires close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is moderate.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Please email your resume, salary history and cover letter to TÜV SÜD America Inc., Human Resources at: email@example.com.