TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in product safety and EMC testing, regulatory affairs and certification, has an immediate opening in Plymouth, Michigan for
Automotive EMC Engineer 2nd or 3rd Shift
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform immunity and emission testing per requirements detailed in international automotive EMC standards and test procedures Review test plans and specifications prior to test.
- Provide engineering support for EMC compliance and approval of clients’ products.
- Write technical reports, communicate both orally and in writing with customers.
- Provide engineering expertise to TÜV clients during mitigation to ensure product compliance with EMC requirements.
- Work with Account Executives and Customer Service Administrators to determine customers testing requirements and charges for required tests and other services.
- Assist clients in all facets of the approvals process, including design reviews and test plan preparation.
- Manage clients’ projects, including gathering pretest information, answering any questions that our customers may have regarding upcoming projects, and issuing work to any sub-contractors involved.
- .Provide expertise in the control of electromagnetic emissions and immunity through design recommendations and review of product designs.
- Keep abreast of the latest EMC design theory, including detailed theoretical knowledge in the technical areas of shielding, filtering, grounding, bonding, cabling, gasketing, waveguides, and printed circuit board layout methods.
- Maintain knowledge of proper operational procedures of all test equipment including spectrum analyzers, EMC receivers, preamplifiers, quasi-peak adapters, signal/impulse generators, antennas, oscilloscopes, etc. Assure proper calibration and functioning of all test equipment.
- Keep abreast of current EMC standards, test procedures, instrumentation, technology and TÜV engineering service capabilities by internal training sessions, external seminars, and reading technical articles.
- Communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including answering questions, relaying messages and providing information with regard to standards, test procedures, technical recommendations for compliance and certification requirements.
- Performs other tasks as directed by Product Manager/EMC.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- At least 3 years automotive EMC experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including answering questions, relaying messages and providing information with regard to standards, test procedures, technical recommendations for compliance and certification requirements.
- Exposure to variety of industries such as medical, aerospace, IT equipment, laboratory equipment and consumer goods highly beneficial
- Ability to apply and understand advanced concepts of electrical and/or mechanical nature
- Experience in service environment is helpful, as is exposure to project management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to plan and organize giving attention to detail and follow-through
- Must be able to work independently with out much guidance
TÜV SÜD America offers a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance and participation in the company 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Or, if you prefer, please email your resume and cover letter, clearly stating the position you are applying for, to:
or Fax: (978) 977 - 0248
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.