Automotive Component Requirements in Brazil
Suppliers exporting automotive components to Brazil are now facing many new regulations that require products to be INMETRO-certified according to different timelines. Your company needs to understand the requirements and have your products certified in a timely manner to continue conducting business in Latin America’s largest economy.
The list of applicable automotive components are constantly changing as new regulations are released and current ones are updated. They include but are not limited to:
- Bearing half
- Electric fuel pumps for Otto cycle engines
- Horns or similar equipment
- Lamps for automotive vehicles
- Light aluminium alloy pistons
- Pins and locking rings
- Piston rings
- Suspension shock absorbers
- Tempered and laminated safety glass
Our services at a glance
We assist you in meeting the requirements to obtain the mandatory INMETRO certification mark required to export your automotive components to the Brazilian market.
We conduct the full range of testing services on your automotive components to make certain that they meet the requirements of the INMETRO certification scheme.
To assist you throughout the entire approval process, our local Portuguese-speaking experts provide a range of services such as:
- Gap analyses
- Technical support to achieve conformity
- Preparation of information documents, test samples and homologation plans
- Handling of communications with local authorities on your behalf
International Compliance Management
TÜV SÜD helps you understand and identify the overlaps and evolving requirements of different regulations so that you can achieve multiple certifications within one project.