Cybersecurity Risk today is one of top 5 business risks that today’s organization faces on an on-going basis. While companies invest Millions of dollars in Cyber defense and related technologies, many times companies (especially small and medium businesses) face different kinds of issues, namely:
- Availability of resources and technology to foster the Cyber defense.
- Inadequate clarity and lack of knowledge on Cybersecurity baseline and top 5 Cyber risks
It is seen in most cases that in the absence of knowledge of Cybersecurity Baseline, companies are not able to plan a proper Cybersecurity strategy. Hence, to help companies in this regard, TÜV SÜD America now offers a simple but effective Cybersecurity Health Check Services.
Cybersecurity Health check is technology agnostic services and involves a short (3-4 days) assessment using some of the best practices based on NIST CSF, ISO 27001: 2013, SAN’s top 20 & CIS standards and frameworks. The engagement involves close interaction with the IT, Security Operation and the Senior Management and interview of key personnel about a set of questions from the Cybersecurity Health check list, especially prepared by TÜV SÜD Cybersecurity and Risk Management experts.
At the end of the assessment, TUV SUD would provide a report within one week that would provide at a high level:
- Brief overview of current Cybersecurity posture
- At least top 5 Cybersecurity Risks that the organization needs to address on a priority basis.
- Further categorization of Risks into “Critical”, “High”, “Medium” and “Low” so that Management can come out with an action plan to address the same.
- Cybersecurity Baseline
Key advantages of such Health Check exercise are:
- Cost-effective and inexpensive way to determine and assess the Cybersecurity posture and hence the baseline
- An effective way to identify key gaps and top 5 Cyber Risks.
- An effective tool to help Management take an informed decision to address the Cybersecurity related risks and concerns.
- Can be used for any organization of any size and any industry sector