Peabody, Massachusetts. TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global testing and certification services organization, is pleased to announce that it now provides testing and certification services to the Indian Boiler Regulation 1950 (IBR) as an Inspecting Authority and Competent Authority recognized by the Central Boilers Board in India.
Compliance to the IBR is mandatory for all material or component manufacturers of boilers, boiler piping, mountings, fittings, and valves that export their product for use in India. The scope of TÜV SÜD's IBR services covers:
- Inspection, testing, and certification of pipes/tubes (Form III-A)·
- Design review and approval of fittings and valves (Form III-C) ·
- Inspection, testing, and certification of materials (Form IV-A) ·
- Witnessing of tests required by the Indian Boiler Regulation 1950, or the Code approved by the Central Boilers Board for specific products, for IBR purposes only·
- Fabrication supervision and weld quality inspections ·
- Witnessing of welding of test specimen for procedure and/or welder certification·
- Witnessing of nondestructive and destructive tests of welded test pieces in laboratory·
- Certifying of welders and welding procedures ·
- Re-certification of welders (Form XII and XIII)
TÜV SÜD America also offers a free, on-demand webinar "Introduction to the Indian Boiler Regulation" to provide a basic overview of the IBR requirements and how to comply with the regulation. For details or to register for the webinar, go to http://www.tuvamerica.com/IBR.
For more information about the full suite of services available from TÜV SÜD America, visit www.TUVamerica.com.
For more information, contact:
Product Manager, IBR
TÜV SÜD America Inc.
For editorial information, contact:
Marketing Communications Specialist
TÜV SÜD America Inc.
About TÜV SÜD America Inc.
TÜV SÜD America Inc., a subsidiary of TÜV SÜD AG, Munich, Germany, is a leading globally recognized testing, inspection, and certification organization. TÜV SÜD America's Industry Service division offers a variety of global conformity assessment services that help ensure a product's acceptance and success in the global marketplace. Industry Service's full suite of services includes wind and renewable energy services, engineering, construction, and repair services for the power and process industries, consulting, third-party inspection, testing & certification. The Industry Service division also provides Notified Body services through its parent organization TÜV SÜD Group, a Notified Body for the PED and TPED, and other EU Directives.