Transition Period for standard EN 61010-2-010:2014 Third (3rd) Edition “Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use – Part 2-010: Particular requirements for laboratory equipment for the heating of Materials”
EN 61010-2-010:2014 Third (3rd) Edition has a designated Transition Period (Date of Withdraw (DoW)) listing of 2017-10-30.
From July 30, 2015 to October 30, 2017: Two options for your company to apply for TÜV SÜD Certificates covering products within the scope of this Part 2 standard:
Option 1: EN 61010-1:2010 Third (3rd) Edition in conjunctions with EN 61010-2-010:2014 Third (3rd) Edition
Option 2: EN 61010-1:2001 Second (2nd) Edition in conjunctions with EN 61010-2-010:2003 Second (2nd) Edition
As of July 31, 2015: All NEW Safety Tested (Listed) and Type Tested (Recognized) products will by default be evaluated to the new Third Edition based standard. The older version of the standard may still be used for new and alternate constructions upon a written request from the applicant up until the DoW 2017-10-30.
After October 30, 2017 only Option 2 is available for NEW and Alternate Constructions of Safety Tested (Listed) and Type Tested (Recognized) products. Existing Certified products will require a Re-evaluation to both current Part 1 and Part 2 standards to be in compliance with European Union Directive Regulations.
| Standard|| DOR|| DAV|| DOA|| DOP|| DOW|
(for previous standard)
| EN 61010-2-010:1994 (1Ed.)|| 1994-03-08|| 1994-07-13|| 1994-09-15|| 1995-03-15|| 1995-03-15|
| EN 61010-2-010:1994 + A1:1996|| 1996-03-05|| 1996-03-21|| 1996-06-01|| 1996-12-01|| 1996-12-01|
| EN 61010-2-010:2006 (2Ed.)|| 2003-10-01|| 2003-10-22|| 2004-01-01|| 2004-07-01|| 2006-10-01|
| EN 61010-2-010:2014 (3Ed.)|| 2014-10-30|| 2014-11-07|| 2015-01-30|| 2015-07-30|| 2017-10-30|
1. DOR (date of ratification) = date the CENELEC Technical Board notes the approval of an EN or HD, from which time the standard may be said to be adopted.
2 DAV (date of availability) = date when the definitive text in the official language versions of an approved EN or HD is distributed by the CENELEC Central Secretariat.
3. DOA (date of announcement) = latest date by which the existence of an EN or HD has to be announced at national level by the CENELEC members.
4. DOP (date of publication) = latest date by which an EN has to be implemented at national level by publication of an identical national standard or by endorsement.
5. DOW (date of withdrawal) = latest date by which national standards conflicting with an EN or HD have to be withdrawn
IEC 61010-2-010:2014 Third Edition, Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use - Part 2-010: Particular requirements for laboratory equipment for the heating of materials, was published in 2014-09.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2003. This Part 2-010 is intended to be used in conjunction with IEC 61010-1 third edition (2010).
Endorsement notice:The corresponding European regulatory standards EN 61010-2-010:2014 was approved by CENELEC with agreed common modifications as announced (DoA) on 2014-10-30, and it was formally published (DoP) 2015-07-30 by EU countries for replacing previous versions used in certification by their withdraw (DoW) on 2017-10-30.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2003. It has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
IEC/EN 61010-2-010 3Ed included these important modifications:
It constitutes a technical revision and includes the following significant changes from the second edition, as well as numerous other changes:
- Added a definition for HEAT TRANSFER MEDIUM to Clause 3;
- Added a symbol for FLAMMABLE LIQUID to Table 1 in Clause 5;
- Added a requirement for instructions pertaining to ventilation in Clause 5;
- Modified the requirements for humidity preconditioning in Clause 6;
- Added requirements for equipment containing or using flammable liquids to Clause 9;
- Added requirements for over-temperature protection devices to Clause 10.