When: Thursday, November 16, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Where: Zoiglhaus Brewing Company, 5716 SE 92nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266
2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Session 1: Understanding risk in new hazard based standards
General overview of risk analysis-assessment in the context of safety standards for lab equipment
- Appliances and Medical devices (61010-1; 60335-1; 60601-1)
- Applicable European Directives (Machinery and Low Voltage) taking as a basis EN/ISO 12100.
3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Session 2: Selling products internationally – what regulations are mandatory
Bringing electrical and electronic products to market in different countries is complicated. Learn how you can ensure your product can be legally sold in new markets.
- Non-compliant products must be redesigned or re-engineered, resulting in delays and loss of revenue.
- Customs officials may impound or deny access to non-compliant products, exposing manufacturers to potential legal consequences.
- Creating a strategy – Using existing reports – Country requirement examples and recent regulatory changes and update.
4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Food and Beer