Overview of the Presentation:
This TÜV SÜD America webinar will provide a general understanding of how auditing process can be used to assure conformance to QMS & EMS standard as well how to achieve and maintain "sustained success of an organization" as defined in latest release of ISO 9004:2009 standard. The focus of the webinar shall also include ISO 19011 (Guidelines for Quality and/or environment management systems auditing) standard in conducting internal (1st party ) and external (second and third party) audits to meet organization, customer, and other interested parties' needs and expectations.
The participants will learn how to use (internal) auditing process to ensure conformance as well as to improve effectiveness and efficiencies in the organization. In addition, discussions shall include different techniques to conduct internal audits, such as process-based audits, risk management focused audits, performance improvement focused audits, customer focused audits, regulatory compliance focused audits, and product audits.
Many organizations are faced with conformance to multipliable Quality Management System (i.e. ISO 9001, TL 9000, AS 9100, ISO 13485, TS 16949, ESD 20.20, etc) as well as with Environment/Safety focused audits (i.e., ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.). This situation demands a need of an 'integrated auditing' approach to minimize the auditing costs, as well to reduce interruption in business. The webinar will cover the planning, execution, and success stories for 'Integrated Audits.'
Following are the key focus areas that shall be covered:
- Review of ISO 9004:2009 standard highlights for achieving 'Sustained Success for organizations'
- Review of ISO 9001 (Guidelines for QMS/EMS Auditing) standard
- Audit planning, execution, audit findings documentation, reporting and closure
- Auditor skills and traits, conduct, interviewing techniques
- How ISO 9004:2009 and ISO 19011 could play a key role to move beyond conformance/compliance audits to achieve and sustain long-term business success
- Balance approach in auditing to ensure compliance and value add aspects
- How to conduct 'Process based auditing' as required by many ISO standards
- What is 'sustained success' and how to audit it?
- Application of eight (8) Quality Management Principles and their application in Auditing
- Use of knowledge, information, and technology in auditing
- SWOT and its applications in planning and execution of internal audits
- Virtual/Remote Auditing
- Integrated auditing - multiple standards, multiple locations
- Global auditing - multiple international sites
- Global Certification audits: Use of sampling
- Auditing costs and impact on organization's total quality costs
- Lessons Learned: Best and worst practices in auditing
- Q & A