The requirements on qualification of software tools employed in a functional safety development project is often of big concern to many industry stakeholder, e.g. OEM’s, system integrators, equipment manufacturers or tool vendors. Often a lot of open questions exist which are leading to long discussion during a project lifecycle. Furthermore, in certification projects, this topic is often seen as an area of risk and uncertainty. Additionally, there are more and more certified tools available but it is not always clear which tool would lead to the highest benefit.
Topics covered within the webinar:
- Role and importance of software tools in functional safety development projects
- How to establish sufficient confidence in tools
- Overview of pre-qualified and certified tools
- Overview of different functional safety standards: generic (IEC 61508), automotive (ISO 26262) and machinery (ISO 13849, IEC 62061)
- Upcoming changes in standards