Countless manufacturers impacted by the new Radio Equipment Directive, benefited from a solid introduction to the requirements in the TÜV SÜD America webinar RED: Introduction and summary of key changes, available on-demand here. In that presentation we covered:
- Scope and key changes vs existing Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive (R&TTED)
- Transition and implementation – R&TTED, EMC Directive and Low Voltage Directive
- “Placing/Making available on the market” defined
- Harmonized standards and Notified Bodies
- TÜV SÜD BABT implementation of the RED
Our follow-up webinar addresses the critical steps our customers need to take in order to comply with the new requirements. The RED is mandatory from 13th June 2017 for products within its scope which are being placed or made available on the European market. This includes products that were previously compliant to the R&TTE directive and are still being placed on the market in the EU as well as products which are sold outside of the EU and brought into the EU by is owner for use.
Don’t miss this opportunity for a more detailed explanation of the key hurdles impacting most manufacturers. And again benefit from a second opportunity to ask specific questions related to your devices.