Countless manufacturers impacted by the new Radio Equipment Directive will benefit from a solid introduction to the requirements, a comparison to the "old rules" under the R&TTED and some insight on the gap analysis process and new risk assessments requirements.
- Scope and key changes vs existing Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive (R&TTED)
- Transition and implementation – R&TTED, EMC Directive and Low Voltage Directive
- “Placing/Making available on the market” defined
- Harmonized standards and Notified Bodies
- Gap analysis process, complexities and examples
- Risk analysis process and examples
Better understand the critical steps manufacturers need to take in order to comply with the new requirements. The RED is mandatory from 13th June 2017 for products within its scope which are being placed or made available on the European market. This includes products that were previously compliant to the R&TTE directive and are still being placed on the market in the EU as well as products which are sold outside of the EU and brought into the EU by its owner for use.